Monday, October 15, 2012

Hip Hop Awards x Waka Flocka Flame

This week it’s all about the BET Hip Hop Awards Cyphers; because we all know that’s the real reason we tune in every October anyway.  

The West Coast killed it highlighting Cali’s best with Xzibit, Kurput, E-40, DJ Quik, Snoop Lion and Kendrick Lamar.  The old school sat at the table while YG and Kendrick stood up, giving a hierarchy feel if you will.  Xzibit started it off proving age ain’t nothin’ but a number, as even after all these years his flow is still just as crazy and he had me feeling like I couldn’t get enough.  Kendrick Lamar proved once again why he’s quickly becoming one of everyone’s favorite rappers.  I always love when an artist can bring intellect through their perspective and Kendrick is well known for this.  Speaking on kids having dreams of being a lawyer or a doctor instead of finding their fate determined in the barrel of a chopper, now don’t quote me, but there is nothing like the intelligence one can find in a Kendrick.

The Ruff Ryder’s Cypher brought all the classics back together with DMX, Mook, Cassidy and Eve.  While Talib Kweli mentioned how he is unappreciated in the Hip Hop industry, but really he’s just what we need in music today; deep, raw talent.  T.I.’s Grand Hustle Cypher had me excited, come on I’m not the only one who missed T.I.!  The lineup was Trae Tha Truth, Chip, Iggy Azelia and B.O.B.  T.I.’s international team has a mean flow with Chip’s hailing all the way from England putting his foot down proving he is ready to be heard on this side of the pond, and Iggy showing that she’s a bad girl that can keep up with the boys.  Check it out on the link below.  Also check out T.I.’s new song that I can’t stop playing “Ball” featuring Lil’ Wayne; that track goes hard especially on the beat.

http://www.bet.com/shows/hip-hop-awards/2012/the-cypher.html

This week at St. John’s we had Waka Flocka Flame drop in and show the WSJU Radio some love with an interview.  As I ran over to catch him come out of the booth the hallway was flooded with STJ student fans holding up posters and his latest Mixtape, Salute Me or Shoot Me 4.  The rapper spent some time signing posters and taking photos with the fans, I was lucky enough to have a few words with him.  He mentioned he was excited about his Family and Friends Tour, which you can all get tickets for from the link below.  Hurry before it’s sold out! 



http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&aid=1473192&user_input=waka+fl&q=Waka+Flocka+Flame&search.x=0&search.y=0

One of my absolute favorite artists Trey Songz put out a great new video for his sexy single “Dive In” off his new album Chapter V.  




What’s on my Reply?

·      My Type of Party Remix – Dom Kennedy ft. Tyga & Juicy J

·      White Dress – Kanye West

·      Ball – T.I. ft. Lil Wayne

- Alyssa Jones 

No comments:

Total Pageviews