Monday, April 15, 2013

Breezy x Lil' Wayne x Ray J

On my quest to bring you guys new music every week, this week I have come to the same issue I face almost every week; trying to figure out when the classic love song died.  It’s almost like a sweet melody can’t come without either degrading a female or talking about the craziest things going on in the bedroom.  Romance is dying in the music world people.  We need new artists to clean up R&B and help us believe in love again.  That being said, lets talk about Chris Brown shall we?  Chris has been all over the news last week talking about what to expect from his new album.  In an interview with Ryan Seacrest on Z100 he said to expect some music like his first album, he wants to experiment less and just make good music that his fans want to hear.  Then a leak of his album came out titled “Nobody’s Perfect” and so started the annoying techno music.  Will this phase ever die?  Or at least lessen?  I don’t know about you guys but the mix of an R&B song with a loud house beat isn’t always what I want to hear when I’m awaiting a new album.  Besides that crazy track, Chris released his first single for “X” last Monday titled ‘Fine China’.  I liked this track for a few reasons, the beat has this old school vibe and the lyrics are really sweet, well done Chris!  The link is below. 


Lil Wayne’s “I am Not a Human Being II” is at number 2 on the charts.  Though this may seem like something to celebrate, the numbers don’t add up to his past albums which are used to hitting number 1 on the charts, so this is kind of a tank for Weezy.  While listening to it, and you have to know that I used to be a big Wayne fan back in middle school, its just as disappointing as almost all of Weezy’s recent projects.  The album has some bangers but nothing that compares to his metaphorical genius from earlier years.  Wayne is great on a feature but as time goes on, I’m starting to be thankful for his retirement, 


Now usually I don’t like to give light to foolishness, but I can’t help it this week with Ray J’s cry for attention in the release of “I Hit It First”.  Not only is it an embarrassment for him and the producers of that song, but it’s a careless track that begs for attention from the mother to be.  And though we all know how Kim K and the Kardashian fam came to fame, it’s a little late to claim you “Hit it first” Ray.  While talking about the track with a couple of my friends they said they found it to be catchy.  Catchy or not, its undeniably un-classy and a bust for Ray J.  I think people like to get on Kanye’s bad side, and I’m looking forward to a response form Ye, if he would dare give this petty situation light that is. 

What’s on my Replay?

Bad (Solo Version) – Tiara Thomas
Fine China – Chris Brown
Girls – Kid Cudi ft. Too $hort

New Releases
Wolf – Tyler, The Creator

No comments:

Total Pageviews