Monday, February 18, 2013

J. Cole Drake x Curren$y

Spring Break is almost here, and I know you’re just as excited as I am to have a break already.  So what should you listen to while your sitting on a beach, travelling home or just running around campus?  J. Cole’s Truly Yours is a definite must. While I restlessly wait for Cole to drop his second album, he gave us a little taste of what to expect.  The EP is a great display of Cole’s talent.  Its clear we are waiting for something special. ‘Can I Holla At Ya’ has this crazy beat with a Spanish guitar lacing the track while ‘Rise Above’ has Cole’s crafted story like flow that keeps it on my replay.  Then of course was the release of ‘Power Trip’ featuring Miguel, which has everyone talking.  I just can’t wait for the release of Born Sinner. 

Drake’s new single ‘Started From the Bottom’ is the type of track that you should expect to hear everywhere.  The beat is more than addictive and the flow is just right, Drake is a master at this.  But, I can’t say the lyrics do anything for me, it’s the kind of song that you keep playing, but you know Drake can do better.  While we’re on the subject of Young Money, Nicki Minaj and French Montana finally released their highly promoted ‘Freaks’ track.  This high energy track will defiantly be around for the summer, it has the kind of beat that makes you just want to dance. 

Since last week was all about the Grammy’s I didn’t mention Curren$y’s New Jet City mixtape, but I just can’t get enough of it so I knew I had to share.  Curren$y may be one of the most consistent rappers in the game.  Putting out mixtape after mixtape of his detailed beats and raspy voice floating on his tracks, New Jet City delivers just as his others do.  Some of my favorites on the tape are ‘Coolie in the Cut’, ‘Mary’, ‘Choosin’ and ‘Sixteen Switches’. 

What’s On My Replay?

Freaks – Nicki Minaj ft French Montana
You Don’t Even Know It – Rocko ft. Future & Rick Ross
‘Truly Yours’ – J.Cole
Mirrors – Justin Timberlake


Started From The Bottom- Drake

No comments:

Total Pageviews