Monday, November 19, 2012

Rihanna x Wale

Today I am Unapologetic for having Rih’s new album on replay all day.  Rihanna’s seventh studio album titled Unapologetic came out today and it seems to be what everyone is talking about.  I think it’s a strong album for her, especially because its so different than her past albums.  Its got this nasty swag to it, like she’s living in her prime and could care less what critics say about her.  From the upbeat club bound “Phresh Off the Runway” that will end up on the radio for sure, to nice collaborations with Future for one of my favorites “Loveeeee Song” Rihanna proves again why she’s on-top.  One of the best things about Rih is her ability to change, she’s a chameleon with her style keeping her Navy on their toes with what she’s will come out with next. 

Anytime I’m asked who is your favorite rapper, its like one of those questions where you ask, “right now? Or of all time?”.  Well I’m always torn, just excited really, for what is new to come out.  Wale is definitely one of my favorites I always can rely on.  He’s poetic and hip hop, and though a lot of people feel like he may have changed or even sold out, I disagree.  Wale has a story-like flow and can offer the best of both worlds, with his new mixtape coming out I hope he can go back to his days of More About Nothing flow.  The mixtape is called “Folarin”, so keep an eye out for that. 

This past weekend I took a trip to the Village to get some culture.  The beautiful thing about New York is the music that you get from all around you.  A couple stops into my ride on the F train a Mexican Marachi band came on my car and played a couple songs.  It reminded me that in a city like this there is a pulse of music and culture everywhere, even in the most unexpected places. 

French Montana’s Mac and Cheese 3 is supposed to drop tonight (Monday, Nov 19)!  After his numerous delays I’m ready to hear what French has been working on.  Also keep a look out for Fabolous’ The Soul Tape 2 comes out in two days!


I hope you all enjoy your thanksgiving and black Friday steals!

What’s on my repaly
Unapologetic Deluxe  – Rihanna
Diamonds Remix – Rihanna ft. Kanye West


Twenty Eight – The Weeknd

- Alyssa Jones

No comments:

Total Pageviews